Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Movie Review - Hero

My wife rented Jet Li's movie, Hero the other day from the Library as something to watch. She said she didn't remember much about it except that color played an important part in the movie. (She's a professional illustrator). I vaguely remembered watching part of it many years ago, but it didn't make sense to me at the time.

We finally got to sit down and watch it due to a passing thunderstorm. My initial response is this: It's good but had a few things that should've been left out.

As with many movies these days, directors like to push the line with what is appropriate. This is one of them, part of why the movie earns it's PG-13 rating. For this reason I won't own it, and for this reason it's down in the "Good" category. If it weren't for that it easily jump up to "Better" status.

But besides that, the story was really good and very interesting I think. As with many of the oriental style movies, the story dives deep into ideas such as war, honor, and where true happiness can be found. It definitely gave me subjects to think about and discuss. If you liked it I wouldn't mind hearing your comments on it. Especially how you think the colors influence the feelings in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment