Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Movie Review - Prince of Persia

So I want to start throwing up reviews about movies and games and such. Here goes my first one:

First of all, I wanted to say it doesn't rely on the games at all. I've heard people say they didn't go see it because they didn't play any of the games. It just borrowed an interesting story idea from one of the games and added some depth to it.

I also think the storyline was interesting. Interesting enough that Shara and I discussed it for a while after the movie. The characters weren't as flat and boring as I expected. Also note that I usually don't like movies that involve messing with time because they are either cliche or go about it all wrong.

The movie surprised us how clean it was. I was totally expecting lots of immodesty in such an action flick but there wasn't. I would say there was only a little, and it was done in a way where it wasn't the focus of the shot, but filled in the setting of the scenes that had it.

So the bottom line (literally). I thought Prince of Persia was a pretty good show! I won't go and buy it but it was fun to see, and we're glad we did see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment